2016 - the good the bad & the 'to do' in 2017

Hello everyone, 
it has been a long time since my last post, but i couldn't miss the opportunity to do my yearly recap post. 

I've noticed there has been alot of chatter on social media and in meme's about how crap 2016 was & i have to agree that when it comes to years, i've had better! 

All in all it wasn't a terrible year, we didnt loose any family members and there were definitely some amazing parts.

There is alot that i want to acheive in 2017, for now though here's my recap of 2016 





the good...

- we found out we're getting a neice
- we travelled quite a bit 
(Maui, Honolulu, Mexico, LA, Park City, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe)
- i got a new job, closer to home 
- we started planning a big family getaway
- we sold our first home 



the bad...

- the job i found is still only temporary, boo 
- my work/life balance is virtually none existence 
- i don't have a strong group of female friends
- we had major structural issues with our house 



the 'to do's for 2017 

- keep travelling 
- keep journaling 
- edit my travel videos 
- embrace a self care plan and take 'me' time
- read 'the life changing magic of tidying up' and have less clutter 
- eat better, more naturally sourced food
- see the world more, more walks, more snowboarding, more adventures, more looking at mountains and lakes and feeling small
- more putting things into perspective




So there you have it ! After a lethargic start to 2016, i'm beginning to feel ready for this new year.

This year i'm planning to do an update in April, which is 3 months from today (i've already written this in my planner, and it's in pen so you know i'm legit) 




(i am certainly not the most active blogger, but this is actually my 6th recap post. If you're interested, you can check out my previous years here: 2015201420132012 & 2011 

No comments